State of the Forum

Pretty much anything.

State of the Forum

Postby tempo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Brand new forum, brand new barely organized ranks, barely any members, just like the good old days.

Spambots are still an issue, I currently have the user registration set to require an activation via email, if the spam still gets in through that then I will go back to the reliable yet slower method of admin activation, meaning I will have to personally approve every new member.

This new forum system is a bit different than the last one so Im still figuring it out. but at least it works which is more than I can say about the last attempt at an update where the database broke in two and only sadness poured out.
tempo
Site Admin

Re: State of the Forum

Postby greg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 am

first post!
greg
All Brand New

Postby greg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 am

first post!
greg
All Brand New

Postby tempo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:30 am

yeah it seems there are still some bugs with this, or i havent set the permissions right so i had to approve your posts just now. i will fix it tomottow. now off to work!
tempo
Site Admin

Postby greg » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:56 am

that would make posting much easier... here's hoping the spam bots don't ruin the fun again... :<
greg
All Brand New

Postby tempo » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:16 am

ok i figured out why i had to approve your posts. all new members are assigned to a certain permissions group called Newly Registered Users. For and users stay in that group for their first three posts, all of which have to be approved by a moderator, I guess this is a means to catching spambots that usually just sign up once, post a few times and leave for good.
tempo
Site Admin

Return to Surfacingpoint